Site StylesThe following site styles have been chosen by your graphic designer to coordinate with your new website's design. The different colors and sizes help signal information hierarchy:
Subhead1to explain what is in each section.
Subhead2when necessary to provide additional context within the topic of Subhead1.
- Normal - Use Normal as your regular text.
- - Use to represent a functional link to a third-party site, document, or another webpage on your website.
The following table colors coordinate with your new design and also make the tables are easier to read.
|Table Header: #6287CA
|Table First Row: #C2E1FD|
|Table Alt Row: #E6F1FB|
CivicPlus StandardsThe majority of the site standards CivicPlus uses are based on CivicPlus Best Practices and the AP Stylebook. Any exceptions to AP were chosen for web usability and ADA compliance reasons.
- 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ph: xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Fx: xxx-xxx-xxxx
- St., Ave., and Blvd. (no other street identifiers) are always abbreviated unless used in a paragraph
- First through Ninth are spelled out and capitalized when used as street names and figures with two letters will be used for 10th and above (ex: 7 Fifth Ave. or 100 21st St.)
- Email addresses use "mailto" links; the name of the person (or department) will be the name of the link
- All areas are alphabetized (menu structure, lists in the content area, staff directory, etc.)
- Don't use all caps text unless it is an acronym
- The words “city," "county," or "town" are never capitalized unless they are stated in that entity’s proper name (ex: “the City of Manhattan” or “the city”)
- Job titles are not capitalized unless they precede a name (ex: "Mayor John Doe" or "The mayor holds meetings")
- Don't use the terms click here and under construction
- The “&” sign (ampersand) is used in headlines and subheads, but within the content area "and" is used
- Serial commas are used at the end of a series of items (ex: houses, trailers, and boats)
- The “%” symbol is used in place of the word percent when referring to a specific figure
- Hyperlinks to for-profit entities must be approved
- Hyperlinks open in a new window unless the link is to another page on this site
- Clip art is not allowed unless approved by the website administrator
- Underline formatting is only used for hyperlinks